I chose the "Cabled Sweater" pattern by Bernat and worked it with Noro Retro- a yarn with an intensity of color I've rarely seen elsewhere. Knitting a cabled sweater is like giving yourself a case of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder...since every single stitch in every single row is unique and must be counted and accounted-for. You can try on your very own DSM IV Diagnosis for a month...see how it fits and if you like it, keep it. Altogether, I suppose I paid attention to around 8,000 stitches for this sweater.
So here's my recommendation...make a cabled sweater if any of the following describe you:
- You're the type of person who balances a checkbook...still.
- 3 am seems like a good time to get out of bed and check to be sure you turned off the oven.
- You frequently find yourself stuck in public bathrooms waiting for someone to open the door so you can get out.
- You have memorized exactly how many steps it takes to get to your gym, the number of calories that burns off, and then deducted it from your planned workout.
- You have a running ledger of the date each menstrual cycle began since you were 13.